Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Tourerman
4,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Barum Bravuris Tyres.

I have just had a pair of these tyres fitted to my Laguna, the price just went up to £69.00 each after I bought mine which cost me £63.00. This includes fitting and balancing.

As you can see from the link they are rated up to 186mph :crazy: My car has never been over 90mph so they should be OK, they are made by Continental.

Tyre Details

Attachments

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
Barum Bravuris Tyres.

I have just had a pair of these tyres fitted to my Laguna, the price just went up to £69.00 each after I bought mine which cost me £63.00. This includes fitting and balancing.

As you can see from the link they are rated up to 186mph :crazy: My car has never been over 90mph so they should be OK, they are made by Continental.

Tyre Details
Sounds like a good deal - regarding the speed rating, what you need to remember is that tyre sizes that are fairly commonplace these days, were once the sole preserve of some fairly high-powered machines. Your size may have been shared with an early '90's 911 (for example).
It'll be reassuring to know that you have some spare capacity in reserve!

Paul:)

·
RIP 31-12-2008
5,807 Posts
Just out of curiosity, what's the road noise like from these tyres Dave,
Regards Leroy

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
We sell loads of these at work with little or no problems.

They don't grip as well as some others,but they are at the budget end of the market,and are very good value.:):)

·
Tourerman
4,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Just out of curiosity, what's the road noise like from these tyres Dave,
Regards Leroy
No more than the factory fitted Continentals Leroy and at least 50% cheaper.

Something I forgot in my first post, when I had them fitted at National tyres, They sell them for £90.00 each if they are not sourced from the web as mine were..

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
WHA??!!!:crazy: I've just paid £411 for 4 Contisport Contact 3s from National, and that was 'Buy 3 get 1 Free!'.

Knew I shoulda ordered online, stupid credit card. :mad: - I asked for anything they had for less than a hundred, and the guy said 'ooh, you'll be lucky mate (as they do)', then he says 'do you just want 4 of what's already on there?' to which I replied 'yeah Ok then, whatever, if they're the cheapest you have' - saw me coming didn't they? Especially as only 2 really needed doing.

Having said that, the car is silent now up to 60mph, and it's rock steady - I should bloody hope so too. :d

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
The tyres that Davesss had fitted weren't Conti's,they were Barums which is Continentals budget range.They are an old Continental tread pattern is which made under licence by Barum.:)

To be honest,£411 is still a bit steep,though!.:crazy:.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm thinking about ordering a couple of the Barum tyres, but could someone just confirm whether these are run-flats or not?

It doesn't mention it in the spec of the tyre, but I'm needing run-flats for my lagII 1.9tdi...if they're not, anyone got recommendations for a good tyre, without breaking the bank?

Edit - Actually, i just realised I dont think it is run-flats on the lag. Are they just standard tyres, or do I need to get extra load spec tyres or anything else to look out for? Just phoned Kwik-Fit and they wanted £118 per tyre for 2 dunlops! Sorry about all the noddy questions ....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts