Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 02 Megane 1.4 petrol which is due for its 35,000 mile service. Is it worth going to a main dealer or is it just overpriced. Are they any benefits going to a main dealer or just a privately owned place. How much does it cost.

Regards

·
Registered
87 Posts
Car servicing hmmmm depends where you go.
Private garages will always be cheaper than dealers, you also can ask the private garage to use genuine parts.

Always try to use a garage with a good known reputation.

Got my Lag II tourer through a FULL service with genuine renault parts/oils for £190 inclusive of labour and included break fluid change, same service at a dealer would have been around or over £300.

Where in world are you as someone may be able to help recomend a garage for you.

Tom

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
Hi there, good advice given already - the only thing I would add is that how long you plan to keep the car should also be a consideration - by and large (especially on newer or prestige cars) a full main dealer service history will have a positive effect on a trade-in (or second-hand selling) value. If you plan on keeping the car for a few years more, then a complete service history (not through the main dealer) will suffice.

The unfortunate thing about cars is that there are many ways to squander money on them, but very few ways to save it!

I choose to get my newer cars and my van serviced by a local garage (I know the owner/mechanic), and have never had a problem - but do follow the recommendations of those in your area, to avoid being stung.

All the best,

Paul:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts