Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, im looking for some advice bought a 53 plate grand espace 3lt v6 dci yesterday with this problem..

it feels as though its not getting enough fuel!
if you floor the accelerator it kind of holds back...but if you feather the pedal it picks up..??

it is slow on an incline also.
I have looked in around the engine bay for something obvious..cracked pipes,broken wires etc but I did notice the white fuel line going to the filter .there is a white plastic cap that comes off and shows 2 arrows obviously a valve. it was ACROSS THE WAY OF THE PIPE! I have turned it so it is inline with fuel line... seems to be slightly better but its still holding back... im wondering if this valve is the problem,,,?

any pointers would be greatly appreciated..thanks.

·
Premium Member
597 Posts
These suffer from a regulator problem on the high pressure pump.sounds very similar to yours. But start with basics and check/replace fuel and air filters, and get a good tech to do a diagnostic test and read live data.
Any smoking?
Good be air flow meter?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited by Moderator)
Cheers for that vickers.

Yeah been doing some checks today. Cleaned the maf, checked all the pipes.. Sir filter is new. Going to change the fuel filter next.. I did notice the fuel pipe going into the fuel filter has a small plastic valve just before the filter. It has an arrow pointing both ways..,
I noticed it was scrips the fuel pipe 90 degs.
I thought this was something to do with it. Took it off and it still pumped fuel from the hand primer regardless of where the Arrows were pointing.

Is the fuel regulator a big/expensive job? I would do it myself as quite handy with a spanner...

I only see a puff of black smoke when I floor it and it pulls for that second or two??

Cheers for the info. Yeah checked the maf and gave it a clean, air filter is new. Fuel filter I'll be changing with the oil this week.

I did notice the fuel line to the filter has a small black plastic valve. The arrows were pointing 90 degs to the pipe and thought I was onto a winner. Disconnected the fuel line and turned the valve so it was inline and squeezed the hand pump. Fuel was the same flow regardless of the arrow direction???

Is the fuel regulator a big job to do? I would do it myself

Many thanks for your input cocker ;)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Iwell I don't believe it.. I checked the fuel filter and noticed air bubbles coming from it going to the priming bulb. Tightened the filter housing ( which it wasn't) and back on full power ;)) well happy as renault quoted me 17 hrs to change the fuel pump solenoids!

What gets me is there is a receipt from renault Manchester dated November last year to investigate this problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts