Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i am new to this forum but am a member of vrious other ones so i know how they work , but i have posted on the 5th page of one of my threads and it has not shown up or created page 6. Anyone?

·
Premium Member
6,475 Posts
There was some discussion of strange things going on with another thread earlier on. Maybe we've lost some posts.

There's no limits to the length of a thread. We have (a rather pointless) one with over 17,000 posts in it.

Give it another shot. It should work :d

S

·
0 Posts
1. No problems appearing at my end
2. We have a feedback forum for this sort of message ;)

·
Premium Member
9,793 Posts
There was some discussion of strange things going on with another thread earlier on. Maybe we've lost some posts.

There's no limits to the length of a thread. We have (a rather pointless) one with over 17,000 posts in it.

Give it another shot. It should work :d
Now then Horatio!! No hitting below the belt!!

We know it serves a purpose, just not quite sure which :moonie:

·
Premium Member
6,475 Posts
Now then Horatio!! No hitting below the belt!!
And why not? Nobody mentioned Queensberry rules.

We know it serves a purpose, just not quite sure which :moonie:
You mean it's to give you ladies an opportunity to use up some of those extra words that you really have to get through every day?

Come to think of it, maybe it's not such a bad idea after all :p

M

·
0 Posts
I agree that there is alot of pointless posting on some threads (just read some on the Climate control repair thread). It seems that , and I've said it before, many first timers are not reading through the thread before making a comment or asking an already answered question. There must be some way of weeding out all the useless chaff and making it more concise and thereby easier for information to be stored and accessed. I know faults can manifest themselves in many forms albeit resulting in a single fix but surely people can be encouraged to "READ TOPIC 1 FIRST" as they are told in no uncertain terms on Parkers, and suffer the wrath of Khan if they don't. I have had loads of e mails lately fron the forum containing oneliners and duplicate queries.

S

·
0 Posts
It's a fair point and we've tried to work out the best way of approaching it. The problem is that nobody reads anything and the response you get from Parkers for not posting in the right place puts a lot of new members off. We do try to merge posts etc. but with the volume of messages it's impossible to clean it up entirely

In regards to the emails you mention, we are scrapping the usual community bulletins as they are not very targeted and hope to replace this with regular bulletins

1 - 8 of 8 Posts