Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I have a 53 plate Laguna with a monochrome turn-by-turn head unit and a centre console mounted 6CD changer. I think this is the Becker BE7406 rebadged as CARMINAT. All the threads I have seen about linking up an IPOD are about the update list/tuner list head units and obviously thats not me.

I have 2 questions:

1. Can I link up an IPOD (if possible while maintaining the 6 cd changer) without resorting to an FM transmitter?

2. If I go the way of a new head unit, what are my options if I want to keep the stearing controls and the centre dash display with the outside temperature and time on?

Thanks
Paul

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just got a reply today and its not compatible with my head unit.

Any other suggestions would be welcome, as would advice on a new head unit which works with the stearing controls and the centre dash display.

And can I swap my head unit easily for a second hand "update list" head unit?

Thanks
Paul

·
Premium Member
1,117 Posts
Hi Quantum

Here is a link to the connections at the back of the tuners:-

TLCDCEmu - Hardware

Update list would be the way to go if you need the aux in for the ipod as tuner list do not have the aux in connector.

The only part i'm unsure of is the Becker unit,is it a single din (normal car radio size)? If the answer is yes then the update list should fit with no problem.

(Make sure you get the code with the Update list.)

:) :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'm in a similar situation with my 51 plate Twingo.

I've found an AUX adapter on eBay which I think would work, however, it uses the blue/C3 connector which is already taken up on my head unit with my steering column controls.

However, the pins the AUX adapter uses are different to the steering wheel controls, so I am wondering if I can just wire both adapters into the same blue/C3 Mini ISO plug?

Any thoughts?

matt

·
Registered
4 Posts
hi quantum got the same head unit in an 04 laguna have u tride the becker web site ? also which disc are u using?i need a new one CLIFFY

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I must admit I gave up on this as swmbo would have had a fit if I had done less then a professional job.

I am using the original GPS CD. I did see one on ebay around the time I got the car (second hand) but it was acrazy price and I figured I would be better just buying a stand alone GPS then I realised that I rarely go anywhere I don't know so I didn't even bother with that

I am a total waste of space :rofl:

Good luck though if you find anything out post back as I am sure it will help someone.

Paul

1 - 8 of 8 Posts