Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my girlfriends car has packed in today. It turns over on the start button, but shows no sign of firing up. No spluttering or firing at all.

Last week it cut out a minute or so after starting and wouldnt restart, so she had it towed to a garage, but no fault was found. It worked flawlessly for another couple of days, but this morning the car wont start at all.

At a guess I would say that its either a fuel or a spark issue as the engine is turning over strongly.

Does anyone have any ideas or experience with this problem?

Thanks loads for any help, shes nicked my SAAB till this is sorted !

Update, I have just been out to the car and after a few tries it did start. Now its starting up and seems to be running fine, quietly and smoothly, but after a few seconds it cuts out as if you had pressed the enginw stop button.
On pressing the start button, sometimes it fires right back up only to cut out again after a few seconds, others it will turn over for a while before starting, but it always stops after a few seconds.
There does not appear to be any fault lights or fault information displayed.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Ross

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just been out to the car again and started up ok with quite a bit of throttle, I kept it at a high idle for a minute or so and now its idling one its own as it should. It now starts on the button and idles fine, just as if there is no problem. Its my girlfriends car and she cant use it just in case the car stops when shes out with her daughter in the car. I also leave later to work away from home all week :s
Does anyone know anything I could try or where to start on this ?

I was wondering if it may be the common crank position (or TDC) sensor, Abby says that was changed along with the dephaser(sp?) around 2 years ago.

Thanks !

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi, it is starting better now, but its not 100% Sometimes it starts instantly others its taking a few turns to catch.
I just left it idling for 10 minutes or so and it seemed fine, this morning even when it did start, it would cut out again after a second or two.

Ross

1 - 4 of 4 Posts