Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my Lag booked in for it's 54k service next Friday, and the guy doing it wants to know what needs doing. (tis my local friendly mechanic doing it)

I told him that as far as I could tell, it's just an oil and filter (air, pollen, oil and fuel) change.

Am I right? :confused:

·
Premium Member
2,710 Posts
Yep - the same as the 18k service.
oil,oil filter & pollen filter,( & air filter if you have driven through a dusty desert recently) not forgetting the most important checks of all though - kicking the tyres.
Assuming that is that the air filter,fuel filter etc were all replaced at the last service.

·
Premium Member
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers chaps :)

Air filters not a worry as I chucked a K & N panel filter in last year and it's good for 1,000,000 miles :rofl:

Tyres don't need kicking, and as it's not a main dealer doing the service, I doubt they'll waste time and energy kicking them ;)

·
Registered
82 Posts
Mines just got to 58K on a 52 plate, i'm getting it serviced shortly because its due but do you think its worth me getting the cam belt done too?

·
Premium Member
2,710 Posts
Yes - it is. The cam belt should be replaced every 5yrs regardless of mileage. Even though yours hasn't quite reached the mileage interval for changing it is about 5 yrs old.

I know the cambelt replaqcement isn't a cheap job, but its a lot cheaper than a new engine!
Are you getting the service done at an independant garage - it will be loads cheaper than a Renault Dealer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts