Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone please help

my car is suffering from the following problems,

stalling normally when at junction
occassional idle at 3k
lack of power

the car has been into main dealer and they cant find anything wrong, but main stealers are not the be all and end all.

Any ideas before i crack up

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Hi and welcome it sounds like the TDC sensor put a search in under TDC sensor i think there is pics there as well how to do this job i hope this helps

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
I'd either change dealers or contact RCS as your car is still under warranty and your dealer seams incapable of fixing it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the other thing and i am not sure if this helps, but it ticks over at about 600 rpm which seems low to me, what do you think?

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
Sounds like a TDC sensor to me.
I also have a 55-plate Clio, but a 1.5 dCi 80. It has now done 26,000 miles, and has been completely reliable.

·
Super Moderator
43,291 Posts
Poor running clio

If its under warranty and your dealer can't or won't fix it contact Renault Customer Services - stating you have a safety problem. If it cut out when trying to exit a side road you could end up in a serious accident. Empasise the safety implications of the prob. - in my experience that usually gets them to do something. If ithe car is still under Renault warranty any work you do or have done by a non-Renault garage could invalidate your warranty.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts