Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have bought another kangoo (glutten for punishment i know) and this one runs beautifully but when i'm driving over 70 or up hill in say 4th or under load at around 60+ i get a flashing stop light and engine light i have just backed off the accelerator and its gone away, a friend had the same problem on his master and said it was an easy fix but i wanted to see if anyone else has had this issue and how was it solved

·
Registered
29 Posts
If its the red engine light that flashes its usually the fuel pressure sensor in the rail, (Delphi)
Obviously a diagnostic check would be a good idea first to confirm but I've done a few with these symptoms

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes it is the red engine light! is that an expensive fix? i will get it on a diagnostic when i can for more info

·
Registered
29 Posts
From Renault yes they only sell complete rail at about £350 for the part, the switches are available else where even eBay, I get them from breakers etc. easy to replace just un-screws with a 26mm socket/spanner (I think)... It goes without saying to be careful when working on the high pressure fuel system. Good luck

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
had the van on a diagnostic and it came up as fuel pressure sensor so hopefully a new one should do it unless its something affecting the sensor.........fingers crossed

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i'll stick a new filter in when i get the chance but obviously wanna see if just the sensor is the problem

·
Super Moderator
43,291 Posts
If there's metal particles in the fuel filter then it will damage a new pressure sensor - no point in throwing good money after bad.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
changed the sensor but problem still exists, mechanic thinks that the pressure regulator could be the issue, either that or a faulty injector......i hope i havent bought another piece of crap that robs all my money :(

·
Super Moderator
43,291 Posts
If the fuel pressure goes too high the stop light will come on so your mechanic may be on the right track.

Has the fuel filter been checked as suggested?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
on top of all this after a heavy downpour my hazard light came on on there own an wont turn off..............brilliant.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i had a new pressure regulator fitted but that wasnt the problem so we did a fuel injector leak test and 2 of them seem to be leaking much faster than the others, so it looks like i have to buy 2 new injectors at £110 each YAY! :steam:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
had the two injector that were leaking back changed and still the light comes on but i have noticed that it doesnt affect the drive, they come on at 70 then go once i go over 70 or if i'm goin up a hill at say 60 but the van drives fine, had all the codes cleared. its not a massive issue its just baffling i guess

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi, Has anyone sorted this problem yet? The engine management light and stop light flash on mine at between 2500-3000revs. The engine will momentarily cut out, as soon as I take my foot off the accelerator it kicks back in again.
If I manually pump deisel before I start the van it ticks over perfectly. I hold the revs at 3000 (stationary) and then drop it to tick over and it becomes lumpy. I hold the tick over/revs at around 1200 revs and it is up and down between 900-1200 so it is definitely fuel pressure.
I have had 2 injectors done, leak off test perfect. When it ticks over you can see a lump of tiny bubbles come through the deisel pipe every few seconds. Any ideas anyone? Its driving me nuts. Checked all wiring seems ok. Pipes seem ok. Is that load of tiny bubbles normal every few seconds through the fuel pipe?
HELP!!:(:confused::crazy:

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have bought another kangoo (glutten for punishment i know) and this one runs beautifully but when i'm driving over 70 or up hill in say 4th or under load at around 60+ i get a flashing stop light and engine light i have just backed off the accelerator and its gone away, a friend had the same problem on his master and said it was an easy fix but i wanted to see if anyone else has had this issue and how was it solved
Have you managed to solve the problem finally? I am having the exact one and would like to know what I ahould tell the mechanic giys to check, or if I should even bother. If I don't drive so aggressive, the light will not come on, so it is not causing any damage? Or should I definitely take care of it?
Thank you in advance for your advice.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts