Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - just bought an 07 Megane Tourer and wonder if anyonce can help with what might seem an obvious question.
Took my 6cd player out of an older Renault - lead fiited easily and steering wheel controls worked perfectly - it all seemed too easy !!
BUT, I can't find any suitable location to mount the unit. At the moment I've left it under the front passanger seat - I'd prefer a permanent location. Does anyone know where the factory fitted uni:confused: :confused: t would normally be housed ?
I'd be grateful for any advice.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,710 Posts
The cd changers in the Meganes are now mounted directly under the main stereo in the DIN sized slot.

If you haven't got the same DIN sized changer you will have to mount it eleswhere.

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Remember out of site out of mind if you do not have this dim slot i would hide it all the best Doanld

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks

Thanks for the replies.
The unit is larger than standard DIN - so I'll just find a suitable spot out of site if there isn't a standard location.
Cheers

·
Premium Member
2,710 Posts
Thanks for the replies.
The unit is larger than standard DIN - so I'll just find a suitable spot out of site if there isn't a standard location.
Cheers
There is a standard location. For Megane II it is in the dash as it is a dash mounted DIN size changer.

Your changer is obviously an older changer from a Megane I that used to live in the boot or under the front seat,in the glove box etc. So is not the standard Megane II one as fitted nowadays.

As said you will have to mount it out of site somewhere.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts