Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I suppose ive told a white lie when I signed up here :)
I don't currently own a 1.9 DCi laguna II at the moment, however my parents do.
We agreed that when they are due to a replacement car, I would buy the Laguna off them as im after something cheaper to run than a V6 petrol.
So I came home today to find they had placed an order for their new car and is due to arrive in 7 days.
So thats 7 days to sell old car, and 7 days to get detailing the Laguna, and fix the damn climate backlight!

Can't wait if im honest :d newish car, its only done 20k on an 03 plate, lovely seats, plenty of toys, comfy and best of all its gonna be far cheaper to run, insurance, £110 a year tax and a big reduction in fuel bills hopefully!

Andy

·
Premium Member
13,522 Posts
Andy, you don't have to own or even drive a renault to belong to the forum, as it has been said before its just one big community. Although I am sure there will be times when you need help and there are many good guys/gals who will give their time to assist you.

Tel

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Gotta say it does seem very friendly here, Im 21 and been with Vauxhall communities since 17, there were a lot of self righteous, arrogant, hypocritical and childish people on there, i.e you got shot down if you spelt something wrong, and it makes a change to see a forum that has a nice user base.

·
Premium Member
2,710 Posts
Hi Andy.
I'm sure you'll like the Laguna.

There is quite a simple fix for the Climate back light. If you do a search on here there is a good description how to do it.
It is only a dry joint, quite easily fixed, as long as you know how to use a soldering iron. If not, it wouldn't cost much to tsake the panel to someone that can. A tv repair shop or any where like that that uses soldering irons could repair the panel for you while you wait, just show them where the fault is from the ifo on this forum.

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
sweet :) think im picking mine up next week, just got the plate transfer done today at the local dvla although that can take upto 7 days to come through :(
can't wait :d

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cool stuff, im actually an electronic engineer so that isn't a problem, im also good at taking cars apart haha! Its just the initial not knowing how it comes apart that I have to overcome, but once ive done it im sure i will have been worrying for nothing.

Does the ashtray just pull out?

Ta

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
how weird is that, im an electronic engineer as well LOL, actually work in surface mount manufacture :)
so if anyone needs any work done ;)

·
Premium Member
2,710 Posts
What a coincidence - I am also an electronic engineer. I work in Medical Electronics.

Andy - yes - the ashtray does just pull out.
In the Laguna FAQs section on this site there is a detailed description with photos of how to remove the panel etc.

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Fixed the backlight, must have taken me about 30s to remove the unit and 5 mins to do the job!

Happy days!

O

·
0 Posts
Andy, you don't have to own or even drive a renault to belong to the forum,
Too true, I don't :d

What a coincidence - I am also an electronic engineer.
:rofl: You lot could have your own club

Gotta say it does seem very friendly here, Im 21 and been with Vauxhall communities since 17, there were a lot of self righteous, arrogant, hypocritical and childish people on there,
Ah, so you haven't met Scen1c yet then ;)

Only joking, this is a nice place - no point otherwise.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts