Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of a good reputable source for 8cm DVD-RW Video Disc's at a good price, The sites I usually use do not seem to stock them.

Any help much appreciated.

Regards

Ottoman

·
Premium Member
6,475 Posts
I used to use Bigpockets, but buy from the local market now. I found that I was only really saving money at Bigpockets if I bought in bulk, as the P&P used to more than offset any saving. I'd end up ordering at least 300 discs or adding one of their 'free delivery' items (usually something I didn't really want) to the shopping cart.

Checking their site, they're doing the Ritek printables that I normally use at £9 for 50 discs. That's exactly the price that I paid for my last batch from the market, but I didn't have to pay £4.62 P&P!

So give your local market a shot first. Even if they don't have 8cm discs in stock, they might be able to get you some at a competitive price.

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Horatio,

I have priced them locally and they are dearer but as you say by the time postage is added not much in it and you do get it there and then no waiting , Not so easy to get the 8cm DVD - RW for video locally at a competitive price tho ?.

Regards

Ottoman

·
Premium Member
6,475 Posts
I'm assuming that these are for camcorder use, and you really just need 8cm to fit in the camcorder.

Why not just buy a handful of 8cm DVD-RW discs and then recycle them? Each time you fill one, copy it onto a cheap 12cm DVD-R (who cares if it only part fills it?) and then wipe the disc to use again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts