Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi trying to change the rad on my espace, it seems to be fixed at the bottom left as you look at the car, I can move the rad but it wont come out, but I cant see what its fixed to, I cant get bumper off, cant get fans out, absoloutly P'd off, can anyone help as I'm getting close to hitting it with a sledge hammer!:steam: :mad: :crazy: :(

·
Premium Member
2,027 Posts
Hi frank the rad is not fixed at the bottom it goes in to 2 rubber grommets it just needs a firm pull upwards and it will come out

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks

Thanks Mr Espace, I was just nervious about being too physical incase it had a fixing which would break, could I ask how the hell do you get the bumper off?
Regards Franc:) :d

·
Premium Member
2,027 Posts
You should be able to get the rad and fan out without removing the bumper
The bumper is only held on by two bolts one at each end hidden behind plastic boxes holding the relays etc and the impact absorbers below the headlights easier if you remove the lights first though you can then just chisel the heads off the rivets and lift the bumper off them
If you dont fancy that the impact absorbers have 2 bolts in each but they are harder to put back on that way :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts