Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car is 1996 Laguna RTi 2.0S

Car turns over but does not start.

When I bought the car it had been sitting in a yard for 6 months... ...with the driver window open :crazy:

This had led to the immob decoder box filling up with water lol. Replaced with a new unit from renault as it controls the c/locking aswell. Obviously the immobilisor wasnt going to work now either so I have had the ECU returned to a virgin state so that it should let car start without signal from plip.

I dont think the fuel pump is working. Either its the f/p relay - which one is it on the fusebox??? - or its may be the inertia switch which turns it off in the event of an accident (I think mine has been run up a kerb as one of the front tyres had burst). Where is the inertia switch? Haynes most unhelpful "it's in the underbonnet area"!!!

Chris

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorted! Spent a bit of time on it today. It wasnt the inertia switch but the fusebox. Took the whole thing out and from looking at it, it was obvious water had got to it aswell. Took it to pieces & cleaned it all up. Tested the relays, only one purple one didnt work so replaced with a spare from my VW mk2 GTi - and she fired up :d

The only thing electrical not working now are the front wipers. Can hear the relay click & front jets work so suspect wiper motor.

Chri$

1 - 3 of 3 Posts