Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, well i have a mk1 clio (R Reg) 1.2 biarritz model. i belive it has central locking but it doesn't work. both doors and boot all have to be opened manualy. can anyone help me and tell me some ideas about what could be wrong.

thanks, jace

·
Random Visitor
2,610 Posts
sounds like the locking motor is gone but its just a guess, pretty sure one of our tech geeks (lol) will be along soon to help

·
Let's be carefull out there
19,360 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Jason. Does the red light on the key work when you push the button? If so look at the key through the viewfinder of a digital camera / cameraphone and press the key do you get a blue light show up in the viewfinder? If yes to both the problem is not the key.
Have you had a water leak through the sunroof / Arial area? The IR reciever is located in the headunit and has a red window on it. The unit pops out pretty easily. Make sure the window is clean and that the PCB is dry. Look for signs of water damage as this is a common problem.

There are a couple of good posts in the Clio FAQ relating to this. Click the big blue box in my sig for the FAQ and navigate to the appropraiate section.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts