Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 97 megane, and all of a sudden today when i came to a junction it stalled. since then, i cant stop the car without it stalling. It used to idle itself at 500 rpm, but now it just stalls. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
I'd clean the throttle body and the idle air control valve.This will cure most stalling problems,if not then you may need a new control valve.

·
Registered
24 Posts
benthomas010 said:
I have a 97 megane, and all of a sudden today when i came to a junction it stalled. since then, i cant stop the car without it stalling. It used to idle itself at 500 rpm, but now it just stalls. Any ideas?

If the engine in your car is the 1.6 8v energy engine, The rubber pipe from the intake manifold to the MAP sensor is probably split, this causes faults exactly as you describe. You can use a normal piece of rubber tubing making sure air tight connection at both ends. Simon..:rofl:

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Are there any other symptoms,Benthomas010?.

Any hesitations or apparent misfires?.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi, thanks, i'm not too good with engines so how hard is cleaning a throttle body? how much roughly would a garage charge for this?

there are no hesitations or misfires.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
aagggh!!!

just drove it home on my lunch break, give it a good caining in the lower gears, and now its working better than ever! is this common? could that have shunted all the **** out of the throttle body?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts