Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I have a 98 Espace . A few weeks ago the central locking failed on the drivers door. I removed the door card and applied power to the door lock, the door locked. I then reversed polarity and it unlocked? All other locks are fine. I attached an additional earth to the lock, it now locks but will only unlock manually from inside.

Yesterday the drivers electric window failed. I removed the door card( I am an expert at doing this now!) and applied current to the motor and it closed (could not believe there was not a manual method to close it!!!)

When I used the switch I herd a click coming from the fuse bank on the passenger side (relay?) Later that day both windows worked then failed. The following morning they worked then failed again.

Any ideas anyone? Are the problems related? Is there a relay for the electric windows?

Eagle8

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
yes, there will be a relay for sure, get someone to operate the switch, while you check which relay clicks.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that.

I did try but now stopped clicking!!

Does any one have a wiring diagram or know where I can get one?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just read the great article about airbag warning light so I thought I would have a quick fiddle. While I was there noticed that the door electric connector thing was a bit loose!

Success windows now work. Central locking still not working on drivers door!

Look forward to fixing airbag warning.

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
good news, did you read about the airbag fix on this forum?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts