Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

My Lag RTi has the normal sort of heater controls. You know, the one with dials.

I have noticed some have an electronic one.
Are these the same but electronic? Or are they more like climate control?

If so, would one fit straight in, in place of the original or do other things have to be changed as well??

Mark

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
Hi Mark, I don't think its as simple as just swapping bits over - climate control has temperature sensors which monitor the in-cabin temperature, and regulate the blowers accordingly to maintain the pre-set level.

You may find that you'd end up practically changing the dashboard over.

Paul:)

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Mark, I don't think its as simple as just swapping bits over - climate control has temperature sensors which monitor the in-cabin temperature, and regulate the blowers accordingly to maintain the pre-set level.

You may find that you'd end up practically changing the dashboard over.

Paul:)
Cheers VelS

Well, if its just a case of running some sensors around, i may be willing to do this.

Any one else no anything on this?

·
Premium Member
12,025 Posts
Hi fastfingers. I think it would be more than just running some sensors around as I believe the whole wiring is completely different to the dial set up and trust me, you don't wanna get involved it that sharade:crazy: .

If you could post a pic of the wiring that runs to the rear of your dial control I could tell you whether it's the same as that for my climate control. As a further thought, the climate control units are not cheap , even second hand (anywhere between £50 and £100), and are a nightmare to get hold of, trust me on that as well, I had to get a new one for my mottah:(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts