Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi every one new to this site so please be patient if i sound thick.
i have a 98 scenic when i arm and disarm should i hear a noise as well as the indicators flashing. and how do i test the alarm.
many thanks

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Last I heard this facility was discontinued as it was a nuisance to neighbours and as blind people don't usually drive (when going up the motorway I sometimes wonder) there is no need for it.

·
Premium Member
13,522 Posts
Hi, I dont get any idication of the alarm being set, only the two flashes of the indicators when i press the door handle. I know the alarms works though as it went off when I didnt close the door properly and lock it.

·
Premium Member
13,522 Posts
Try not closing the door properly and leave it for a while, it may work that way. How do you set the alarm on a series I scenic?

·
Premium Member
13,522 Posts
Sorry Rudi not quite sure what you mean "resetting the alarm", I would imagine once you turn off the alarm and lock the doors it will reset anyway..............anyone got the answer?

·
Premium Member
13,522 Posts
Just found this...its part of a post by BigDavy

O.K. folks, sportstourer is right as far as the alarm goes, one press car locks and activates alarm. Two quick presses locks car with deadlocks, alarm and window closure. (dependant of model) The window closure is a brilliant feature, my mrs is an expert at leaving her window open, now its not an issue i just press the button twice!
I have proved this today by twice setting off alarm by only pressing once, first time dog in car activated alarm, second time was window left open

·
Premium Member
13,522 Posts
Sorry Rudi, I dont know any other way of testing the alarm. I will see if I can find any reference to doing so....in the meantime if any other members can help please do so.

·
Premium Member
1,094 Posts
About the indicators flashing and bleeps, well, my 2000 Laguna doesn't bleep but does flash - so no alarm.

My Espace bleeps and flashes.

As Chris had said, lock your car with the remote, then after 30 seconds or so (to allow it to activate properly), unlock the door with the key and open it.... if the alarm works, it'll go off immediately.

On my Espace however, if I unlock the door with the key and open it, the alarm doesn't go off immediately, it just bleeps as a warning to tell me it's alarmed... and IF I don't disarm it with the remote within a few seconds, then the alrm goes off.

Hope that helps.

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
How about getting into the vehicle - get someone to lock it from the outside and then try to get out. Better still leave it round the back of the local kebeb house late on a Saturday night and I'm sure you'll find many willing helpers to asist you:d

1 - 17 of 17 Posts