Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I've not been using my car at all recently, and never one for understanding the ins and outs of how it works, I found this morning a couple of missing pipes from under the bonnet. The car hasnt had much wrong with it, and was about to drive it today - checking the oil and found as indicated on the photo.

I cant find much on what these elements do, and my local garage is closed for a few days. Before I take it to anywhere I would like to know the extent of the damage here.

As the photo shows the bottom pipe appears to come from just above the front grill, and onto the black box next to engine. I assume this might be something to do with the air intake from the front of the car?. The pipe is totally gone, cannot find it or have had any bumps/knocks or damage.

The top right side shows a metal pipe which is broken off but left dangling. Again I'm not sure what it does, but do not want to even try to drive the car until I understand the situation.

can anyone give me a heads up on the issues here so I know before the garage.

Thanks. David.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
Hi - and welcome to the forum :)

The large pipe you refer to is just part of the air intake ducting, and is missing in probably 30% of cars I've seen! It's more cosmetic than anything, and could wait until you've found something suitable - original or otherwise.

The pipe on the right is part of the air conditioning system, and may have been broken by a ham-fisted mechanic. Does the aircon work? If not - and you don't mind if it doesn't - just leave it alone.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts