Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else had a problem or heard of air babgs deploying when doing a 3 point turn?!

Renault say i must have had an accident! The proof of there being no damage to the car proves I haven't been crashing my car around!

The upshot of all this is, is that Renault have now broken my instrument cluster circuit board and want to return my car to me even though it is illegal to drive as I cannot get an MOT which is due next week! They say it is 'wear and tear' (!) anyone heard of this or are Renault fobbing me off just as i thought!

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Hi this is going to be hard one to win by the sounds of things the car being out of warranty.Sorry i do not know what else to say i would phone there costumer service department and phone trading standards to see where you are with this.Its easy for me to say just go to your local breakers yard and get a replacement but this could happen all over again.please keep us posted to what happens on this all the best Donald.

·
Let's be carefull out there
19,360 Posts
Welcome to the forum. It sounds like an odd one. We had a member who rolled his Clio without the airbags deploying, perhaps he should have tried a 3pt turn in mid roll. As Donald says contact RCS at the least if the dash was working when you left it with them I would expect it to be on collection.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for your replies, am in process of lodging complaints with Motor regulation people as I cant understand why no-one seems to give a damn that I now have a non-working car! Renault customer services say tough basically! Will keep you all updated!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts