Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello and thanks for looking!

My Laguna 1.9 dti recently started clicking on start-up and after replacing the battery decided it was actually the starter that's the problem.

Anyway after having a look last night noticed the starter is burried away behind the engine and turbo. Is this going to be a big job? anyone got any advice/ pics to hel me through??:confused: :confused:

Thanks for any help offered!

P.S. just been quoted £145+vat for starter alone!:mad:

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Hi not that sure about your car but if you cant gain access from the top you might be better from the bottom either way its going to skin the knuckle time i would think:d iam not that sure :d how many bolts is holding it on 3 or 4 maybe and from different directions attaching it to the bell housing:d remember to disconnect the battery just in case you touch leads wire together,what ever road you go it will probely be tight to do but iam sure you will manage,i hope this helps a little all the best Donald.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers mate, coming up from bottom seems worse with drive shafts etc all in the way. I'l just have to give it a go blind i think.

Thanks for the input mate!

·
Registered
9 Posts
any tips on changing lag dti starter motor

Hi does anyone have any tips on changing the starter motor on a 99 T reg laguna dti as I intend to change one and it looks really awkward. also can anyone help me as I have found a supplier but he says there are more than one starter motors for this model of laguna I think it is part number D6RA104 could anyone help me with the identification of the part

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi does anyone have any tips on changing the starter motor on a 99 T reg laguna dti as I intend to change one and it looks really awkward. also can anyone help me as I have found a supplier but he says there are more than one starter motors for this model of laguna I think it is part number D6RA104 could anyone help me with the identification of the part
you really need to remove old starter first, cause they have
different teeth numbers. you can get away with refurbishing existing starter with new brushes or solenoid maybe

·
Premium Member
Scenic mk1ph2, RX4, ID35s11
5,253 Posts
you go in from the front, take off the air filter assy, you should then have some room to get at the bolts holding the starter onto gearbox at the back

x3 bolts, and the main battery lead and solinoid cable.
you will probably have to drop the starter down the back of the engine to get it out, and insert the replacement up between the driveshafts/exhaust/steering rack then mess about to get it into position to slot back in.

car WILL need to be up on stands or a trolly jack, as someone will need to get under the engine to take out and insert the starter.

messy and awkward but do-able
good luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts