Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Still a Petrolhead but also like diesel
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A slight miss-hap with an AUDI RS4 ..... the driver opened his door, stepped out and phoned the police and emergency services .... well thats how the story goes ...

No-Claims screwed then :eek:

Oh, by the way ... ITS THE ONE CAR!

Only in Germany ... of course, they build things better there :p

·
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Hi otto, he lost it on the bend @ 230KPH (150MPH 'ish) and hit the tree in the picture ... look carefully at the drivers seat ... almost intact ... if you see what I mean.

:)

EDIT >>> Or maybe the tree before the one in the picture ... Ouch!

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
I don't know why he opened the door - it would've been quicker to just lean to his right...

If there had been anyone on the right hand side - they would've been using a mop & bucket to pick them up.

Vorsprung durch kaput methinks.:rolleyes:

Judging from the side the impact occured, I'd say the driver hit something - hard (a tree perhaps)?

The joys of motoring!

Paul:)

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
You would have thought the tree would be down but not a mark on it no shredding either, Marks in the grass verge are only slight.....A very lucky fellow does not say a lot for german technology tho car opened up like a sardine tin, Any passengers would be wiped out .

Regards

Ottoman

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
look like a cut and shut!:eek:

·
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
LOL too true. Wonder how a Renault would have faired in that accident?
Well they pass the same type approval, and have similar EuroNCAP ratings ..... but I wonder .... not going to try though :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
I would have thought no better that type of impact glancing blow at the front like that then penetrating across the vehicle , They dont really test for that.

Regards

Ottoman

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
:eek: Its bad that cant believe it, good job it was over there in Germany, as if same thing had happened over here with the steering wheel on other side, like you say they wouldnt need an ambulance just a roadsweeper would do.

I know its a mess but at 150mph it could have been a lot worse!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts