Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got up this morning & everything was smelling of roses......

Then disaster struck.........They say it always happens in 3's......

1st) Lost major building contract today due to political company issues losing me personally best part of 35k

2nd) Got a phone call from a very close member of my family & after having one of their kidneys removed last year due to cancer has been just been told its back!! Now at stage 3 & no treatment available........

Even makes my eyes tear up now as I'm typing.....

3rd) After scrapping myself up off the floor my wife convinces me to go out for some fresh air with her. So we take the Scenic into town & have a wonder round trying to chill out from my news......

Gets back to the car & the car will not detect the keycard....... Renault Garage is closed after 5.30pm & I've virtually lost it!!!

All I can say is "What a day........"

·
Premium Member
4,192 Posts
Tomorrow should be better - I lost a very large contract last year and it nearly wiped me out!

Chin up!:)

·
Premium Member
9,793 Posts
I think these things are sent to try us hun, you just gotta keep plugging away sometimes and get on with things as best you can :eek:

I hope your family member is not in too much pain and is receiving the best possible care.

I'm not really a religous person, but i do believe in fate - everything does happen for a reason :eek:

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tomorrow should be better - I lost a very large contract last year and it nearly wiped me out!

Chin up!:)
Cheers for that Hugh.....

I think these things are sent to try us hun, you just gotta keep plugging away sometimes and get on with things as best you can :eek:

I hope your family member is not in too much pain and is receiving the best possible care.

I'm not really a religous person, but i do believe in fate - everything does happen for a reason :eek:
Thanks for the support super
Fate has a sometimes cruel way..........

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hi james,

sorry to hear youve had such a rough day. Having lost a member of my family to cancer a few years ago i can really relate to how your feeling. Let me tell you though you may feel now that fate is against you but bad things happen sometimes and for every bad thing that happens to you something good will come along. Hopefully that something good will come for you soon. :)

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What can I say James? They don't get much worse than that. We're thinking about you mate!

·
Premium Member
6,475 Posts
I've had bad days, but that's pretty much put them in perspective. There's no way any of them could compete with that, and I'm glad of it.

I hope that the parts that can get better do, and wish you the strength to get through the parts that can't.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi james,

sorry to hear youve had such a rough day. Having lost a member of my family to cancer a few years ago i can really relate to how your feeling. Let me tell you though you may feel now that fate is against you but bad things happen sometimes and for every bad thing that happens to you something good will come along. Hopefully that something good will come for you soon. :)
tsunami,

I have to be strong even if just to help him!! I just sometimes wonder why there has to be such devastating things in our lifes.......

Sorry to hear that James, Life can be a bugger at times but we soldier on.

Regards

Ottoman
Ottoman,

Cheers mate........... we Hannah's never give up!!

What can I say James? They don't get much worse than that. We're thinking about you mate!
OG,

Thanks Matey.......... I'm trying to convince him to try one of these "lab-rat" trials.....

I've had bad days, but that's pretty much put them in perspective. There's no way any of them could compete with that, and I'm glad of it.

I hope that the parts that can get better do, and wish you the strength to get through the parts that can't.
Horatio,

Thankfully we're a very strong close family so supporting each other helps.........

If I have to beg steal or borrow to help him get through this then so be it............

Thanks Guys for your kind words........

If I have any news I'll keep you posted....

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
How are things James - any silver lining appearing yet?
I live in hope............but nothing yet..

I've convinced him to go for some trails in manchester........just waiting to see if the criteria fits....

Fingers & toes crossed......

·
Premium Member
9,793 Posts
I live in hope............but nothing yet..

I've convinced him to go for some trails in manchester........just waiting to see if the criteria fits....

Fingers & toes crossed......
Anything is worth a go at this stage.

Keep plugging away with everything, things will get better - i promise :eek:

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
A bit of news.........

After loads & loads of tests it would seem that the cancer has spread to the prostate......

Now I'm told that this can be treated but will not stop the cancer spreading......

Christ lifes a b***h sometimes....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts