Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a dilemma.
I got a 03 Kangoo in July, it had just come to the end of it's warranty. It had a full service history and just over 40,000 on the clock. I love the Kangoo, I am a gardener and the spacious boot is ideal for getting lawnmowers in and out and I also use it as a family car.
In the last 8 months I have spent over £2000 on repairs! The list of things that have gone wrong with my car includes it needing a full set of glo plugs, brake light switch, new remote key, a new rear tortion bar and now the fuel injectors are leaking, another £800!
Am I just really unlucky? It is due it's first MOT at the end of April so I was thinking of selling it after that and getting something more reliable or should I keep it and hope that I will have less problems with it in the future.
Have any other Kangoo drivers had similar problems?

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Hi this sounds like very bad luck to me and if you where to get rid of it there is no way your going to get your money back but your probely happy to git rid you could be very lucky the next few years and not have to lift a spanner to it apart from servicing it.I hope if you do keep it you have more luck than in the past i wish i could help you more all the best Donald

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Hi Wilfism,

As Donald says, You have spent your money now and you would lose a considerable amount selling your vehicle now, I realise you require your vehicle for work purposes and reliability is a major factor here, but there is no guarantee a replacement vehicle would serve you any better unless it came with an extensive warranty where you would not incur any of the repair costs, It is your money and your livelihood so it is not an easy choice for you, I have heard of many Kangoo owners who have had sterling service from their vehicle also many who have not, Unfortunately this is the luck of the draw and is no consolation to you that others have not experienced any problems .

Sell the vehicle on and someone else may have years of good service from your Kangoo, Has this work been carried out at a main dealer if so I am sure a smaller independent workshop could have offered a more economical repair costs.

Regards

Ottoman

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for yr positive response's.
I have a great mobile mechanic who does all that he can. The large jobs have to be done at the Renault garage unfortunately.

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
Hi there, I can understand exactly where you are coming from - what I would suggest you consider, is extending or purchasing an aftermarket warranty - view it as an investment for peace of mind - that way, you enjoy the benefit of the money you have spent thus far, you don't lose out in depreciation, and if an unexpected repair occurs (which the warranty covers), then the only problem is the time spent without the car.

Paul:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts