Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have a 1.2 clio 1.2 and have a few problems with it that i would like to fix before i sell it on.

First off i have a rattling sunroof. I know this is a very common problem (i searched for it). It seems that the solution is to put a rubbert tube over the metal bar, is this in the handle or where the sunroof rests?

Secondly, the outside temperature gauge has packed up (today it said it was 60 c outside!!!!). It seems strange that if you open the passenger door where the sensor is on the wing mirror, the temperature drops to about normal. Has anyone experienced this or have any ideas what it might be. The fact that it works with the door open makes me think they power connector in the door may be faulty (thoughts?) the wing mirror still moves by the control so the entire power unit cannot be faulty for the whole door.

Sorry for all the questions, i have searched for the answers but cannot find them. If i have missed them please let me know where they are!

Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i just looked on other posts on here and looked at the mirror. I got the casing off and neither of the wires coming from the sensor are loose. They go into a grey tube (which also hold the wires for the electirc mirror adjustsments i assume). They then disappear off into the door. Anyone got any advice?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thats what i thought. I have removed the plug before and put it back in to no avail. Just a quick thought, are the ones in either door interchangeable? Just thinking if i could test the one from the driver door in the passenger to see if it is that which is causing the problem?

If not how much is a new plug?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Sounds like a broken wire to me - happens all the time on Peugeot door looms so wouldn't be surprised if it happened on Renault as well.

Sounds line the wire is making contact when the door is open so possibly broken somewhere in the 'tube' between the door and the car body...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
will this not be a bit tricky to fix as the wires disappear off into the door where i cannot see or get to them?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts