Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Banned
30,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do we have any paint experts in here?

Can someone please explain what caused this, also under the 3 Renault warranty, do you think I'll get it repaired F.O.C it's about 75% of the size of a 5 pence coin.

Thanx

·
Premium Member
4,192 Posts
Do we have any paint experts in here?

Can someone please explain what caused this, also under the 3 Renault warranty, do you think I'll get it repaired F.O.C it's about 75% of the size of a 5 pence coin.

Thanx

'Tis the Devil's Car!! Strange - no idea! Worth a try on the warranty though.

·
Premium Member
4,192 Posts
Hondo - this site is weird - first Moi has a religious experience and now your car!!!! Get me a priest!!!:d

Attachments

·
Still a Petrolhead but also like diesel
2,311 Posts
Hey Hondo, you really need to get the hang of photoshop and artifacting ....its really an emergency services car ... 999 ... :rofl:

·
Premium Member
1,117 Posts
Hi

looks like it was caused by water getting between the laquer and colour and blistering in the sun.

Lucky it was not 666 though. :devil:

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Hi Hondo - looks like a break in the clear lacquer - I have seen similar caused by admiralty pidgeons. I know bird pooh can cause damage to that extent - are you sure some we lassy wasn't throwing nail varnish remover at it or:) some wee git going mad with the brake fluid. When winter arrives it'll probably get worse.:)

·
Banned
30,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Like you I wondered similar, I wouldn't think it was either brake fluid or nail varnish remover. I'd guess the damage would be far more extensive.
Thanx hondo :)

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
As long as you just remove the lacquer,then you'll be OK to respray it with clear again.....but,you'll have a job hiding it on a bonnet.

If you have an eye for detail(which I suspect you do:d),then the bonnet and wing tops will need respraying...........

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Sorry Hondo,but every time you wash your car,you'll notice it...........and thats twice a year!:d

Sorry....:eek:

·
Banned
30,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sorry Hondo,but every time you wash your car,you'll notice it...........and thats twice a year!:d
Sorry....:eek:
TWICE A YEAR!!! I say I say, don't go so far OTT.
Her in doors can wash her own side of the car this way I'll never notice it again. :d
I just been looking through the cars history from before the fateful day that I purchased.

For some reason the bonnet was removed and fitted to another car, later for whatever reason it was refitted to mine. :confused:

I'm gonna push my luck with Renault, the worse thing they can say is no.
Many thanx guys. :)

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
In all honesty I've never seen bird pooh actually burning that deep into the original laquer on a renault and from what you say I suspect it has been repainted sometime in its life - could be a result of a reaction during the respray and why was the bonnet changed in the first place. If you want a good job it would need to be stripped back to the original metal because if its something in the metal only a full strip will chase whatever is causing the reaction. I suggest you take it to a good body sprayer and ask for his opinion before approaching renault. It is very difficult to hide a repair on a bonnet without a respray and blending over and across the top of the wings. The only time I have seen a reaction like that was when acid was spilt on bodywork.:)

·
Banned
30,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Jeez! madnoel10 You've just jogged my memory, I know that very man!

He teaches folks from our local college car paint spraying and body repairs too.

It's odd really I only noticed his business card in my garage sometime during last week, but like a plonker it never even crossed my mind to ask him. :crazy:

I've got to think up a dastardly plot now during working hours to travel from my location to his, shouldn't be all that hard though. :d ;)

Thanx :)

·
Banned
30,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Here's a quick update on the # 6 in the paint.

Just came back from (Renault's own, central bodywork shop) After looking at it the guy said "Do you park the car under tree's." I said "It's in the garage over night and there are no trees where I park while at work."

He said "Well I "think" it's the lime from bird poo, and that's not covered by the warranty"

F.F.S. :crazy: Here we go again with Renault Customer Care.
Lets see what they. THINK!!!!

·
Banned
30,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
2nd update.

After a lot of procrastination albeit this was on my part, I spoke to RCS yesterday, initially the guy said if the body shop feel its bird poop that caused the problem they have little or no alternative but to accept what they say. Fair play.

I then explained I'd got a full service history of the car that said during the period of time I agreed to purchase and the date I took delivery of the car, the bonnet was removed from my car, and fitted to another, and visa versa.

The guy at RCS said "What did they do that for :confused:"

I explained in reality I was clueless why this happened, all it says on the history is the paint colour didn't match. I also mention that I'd guess the paint colour of both bonnets must have been a perfect match with the original cars, obviously he had little alternative but to agree.

After some thought, the conclusion of this of this guy was.

"This doesn't seem to stack up, at all well for the dealer does it."

He's going to make contact with the dealer, for their side of the story and let me know what happens on Monday, this will have to be via mobile, because I shall be "Somewhere :confused: " on holiday, most of next week. :)

·
Banned
30,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
They fought well but finally Renault W************ have agreed to sort out the letter S in my bonnet. I asked if this means a complete removal of all the existing paint work on the bonnet top, they said. "No, just the affected area"

Less than the size of a five pence coin but its going to take 3 days to complete. :confused:

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
They fought well but finally Renault W************ have agreed to sort out the letter S in my bonnet. I asked if this means a complete removal of all the existing paint work on the bonnet top, they said. "No, just the affected area"

Less than the size of a five pence coin but its going to take 3 days to complete. :confused:
That is going to look [email protected] in six months or so Hondo under some lights it will look [email protected] from the start.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts