Votes: 19 41.3%
  • Other

Votes: 15 32.6%

• Total voters
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
Been with the RAC and the AA. Can't comment on their service as fingers crossed, never had to use them!

·
Sexy at 70 super duper mod..
23,149 Posts
I voted RAC because all the family had had dealings with them at one time or another and had good service the one time I have used a breakdown service I was with green flag and they just got the car home for me after an accident..ruined the day for me and the car meet I was at..:(

·
Premium Member
1,813 Posts
unless it come as part of my car insurance, i dont bother, have been driving for 16 years and never needed one, think of all the money i have saved !!

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
unless it come as part of my car insurance, i dont bother, have been driving for 16 years and never needed one, think of all the money i have saved !!
A lot, no doubt. I always think that as long as you are in the country there is always going to be a way of either getting the car home (towed by a friend etc) or to a nearby garage.
The only time I guess they come in handy is if you are going abroad and take out an additional cover to cover yourself for European breakdowns, otherwise things could get tricky!

·
Sexy at 70 super duper mod..
23,149 Posts
A lot, no doubt. I always think that as long as you are in the country there is always going to be a way of either getting the car home (towed by a friend etc) or to a nearby garage.
The only time I guess they come in handy is if you are going abroad and take out an additional cover to cover yourself for European breakdowns, otherwise things could get tricky!
You wouldnt say that when you conk out on a motorway and your stuck on the hard shoulder ..:moonie: :p

·
Premium Member
3,958 Posts
When I renewed my RAC membership back in September it included recovery as usual BUT I was reminded that if you have a prang by yourself, i.e. not involving another vehicle, then they do not class it as an 'accident' so won't recover you. So that answers that question.

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
6,436 Posts
at the moment its been the AA for 4 years as they have given me and the mrs a great deal when we came to insure a 3rd car with no ncb we got a better deal than if we had a full ncb the good thing is insurance cover comes up first so if they ever start to up the insurance too much then its off the the rac
Ron

·
Tartan terrorist in a dress..
22,708 Posts
Was with AA until 2011 then came across RAC blue badge cover and took that ..had to call them out yesterday and they were there in less than 25minutes when car started fine for him:surprise: he did give car a thorough check though and give his thoughts to the issue ....Also have battery cover with them and other week called them out to say Laguna every morning was showing battery charging so they came out checked it and fitted new battery there and then

·
Super Moderator
13,569 Posts
What options do I have, driving this (Avatar)?
Pi$$take city if it dies :smile2:
Every year, we let it go to the wire at renewal time on SWMBO's membership, say we're off to Green F or summat. They come back with a reasonable deal. As a S0dall club member, Homestart went last year. If seriously dead, could always tow it 1/4 mile away & then call them :grin2:
I have no membership myself. But I'm covered if she's with me.
All my bikes have recovery "free" with my Insurance (£220 pa).

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
We have been with Green Flag for about 18 years (I think). The 'personal' cover is worth every penny, as it's us who are covered, not a specific vehicle. I've even been a passenger, and called them out. Not forgetting the inclusion of 'get you home', and 'home start'.

·
Super Moderator
6,170 Posts
My better half is with the RAC which is lucky really:help::mechanic: say no more.. say no more..

Last Saturday the garage that was sent by the RAC to retrieve her car had a van with a fold out trailer tucked in the rear :surprise: very impressed with that set up.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts