Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why wont my car start. It's fine if from cold but as soon as it is at temperature, stop for 2 mins get in the car she turns over but won't fire. Sorry forgot to say it's a 1995 2.2 Safrane. The man in the dash says it's fuel pressure but there is no other symptoms and when she does start she runs fine. :steam:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought they were less predictable and could also cause stalling? worth a shot though, anyone know it's where abouts on this engine and what special tool do i need :d

S

·
0 Posts
Could definately be something else, but this is a nice easy one from what I've gathered. As for where it is, someone will be able to tell you, I'm sure

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
Why wont my car start. It's fine if from cold but as soon as it is at temperature, stop for 2 mins get in the car she turns over but won't fire. Sorry forgot to say it's a 1995 2.2 Safrane. The man in the dash says it's fuel pressure but there is no other symptoms and when she does start she runs fine. :steam:
I agree with Mike, sounds as if the TDC is to blame.
look here http://www.renaultforums.co.uk/how-articles/10062-top-dead-centre-replacement-pictures.html?highlight=tdc

BTW... a thread with AARRRGH as its title is not going to help members know what your problem was and will not help with search results.
Please try to ensure in future thread titles are informative and give some info as to the problem involved.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The old girl has started to develope slight missing while runing now so looks like TDC sensor, Not sure where it is though, Is it located at the front of the engine? ie near cam pulley. Any help much appreciated. Cheers

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi folks; Im working on a tidy 1995 2.0, which once a week will not start. It loses the electric feed to the pump in thje tank. Both brown relays under ecu on osf wing replaced(fuel pump & engine control relays). All harness connections checked;ok. Owner usually gets it to start by disconnecting/reconnecting battery.Works nearly every time. Ive only managed to see the car once in this condition-& a quick test with a testlight seemed to show the relay was being triggered ok by the ecu,but still no fuel pressure.Alas, whilst checking further the car then started before I could look further. It never stalls/hesitates whilst driving,only will not start intermittantly(usually but not always from cold). Owner now tiring of car (shame coz its mint)-any thoughts anyone out there?!
Thanks,Escy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts