Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I own a renault latitude 2011 which I love, however recently it has obtained an abs esp issue that I, nor the shop seems to be able to fix. The abs light and the service light as well as the esp light comes on the second i start the car and no matter what I try I cant seem to fix it. I have had it to 2 auto leccys now and no one seems to be ale to give me a definitive diagnosis so was hoping someone in here could help. I will post the error codes that arise when I start the car. if anyone can shed any light on the issue or direct me towards a potential fix please let me know as I am really tearing my hair out at this stage. The dealer is only offering a complete brake replacement at $4500 which I think is over kill. Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
37,492 Posts
Can you write these codes down and post them,
Hard to make out what they are..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HI, apologies for that.

dtc5050 : computer
dtc4002 : computer
dtc4051 : steering wheel angle sensor multiplex signals

dtcf003 : computer power supply
dtcf003 : low power supply

dtca815 : drivers door mirror fold circuit
dtca822 : drivers door mirror motor circuit
dtca812 : de-ice drivers door mirror
(I know about the drivers door issue, its been there for a few years and isnt part of the problem)

DTCF003 : Battery Overvoltage
DTC50CB : Warning light circuit
DTCC402 : invalid auto gearbox multiplex signals

DTCF003 : Computer supply voltage
DTC9552 : steering column lock +APC Circuit
DTCC452 : Airbag Multipled signal

Thats the list of them. From memory this all seemed to take place not long or possibly straight after a battery went flat.

·
Premium Member
1,375 Posts
Have you tried replacing the battery? All modern cars/vans, especially it seems Renault, do not like a poor battery. Try disconnecting the battery for 30 mins, even better, take it off and charge overnight. If you still get faults, try swapping in a known good battery.

May be worth also getting a Renault specific diagnostic done.

·
Super Moderator
37,492 Posts
Whats the battery reading voltage wise, BEFORE you start the car..
Now start the car, wait at least 30 seconds, and take another reading
Can you post these figures

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
the only thing abs related there is the wheel angle sensor, but multiplex showing up usually means the battery power was disconnected recently. You really need renault specific diagnostics on this to get any further. Because the renault system allows you to enter the abs computer and try various tests on the abs module.

4500 for what ?? overkill is an understatement. You can get a guaranteed recon abs module from ebay and have it fitted for a total of about £250 to £300.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Have you tried replacing the battery? All modern cars/vans, especially it seems Renault, do not like a poor battery. Try disconnecting the battery for 30 mins, even better, take it off and charge overnight. If you still get faults, try swapping in a known good battery.

May be worth also getting a Renault specific diagnostic done.
I have tried a new battery. I went into Battery world and the guy there was nice enough to completely install a new one, then reset the codes and let me test it. Unfortunately It didn't change anything.

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts
So just after you replaced the battery and before you started the engine..............if you say nothing changed, were ALL those error codes you listed before immediately logged again ? (I am going to assume that technology dictates at least some of them should have been cleared/cancelled by the mere act of disconnecting the battery .............. so SOMETHING MUST HAVE CHANGED) :unsure:

Just after the guy cleared the codes now with the new battery, were ALL of those codes mentioned before AGAIN logged immediately even before you started the engine?

List all the codes currently active again.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi guys, thanks for all your feedback on this. I bypassed the service agent as the abs replacement actually came neck quoted as 7200 dollars. I got a second hand abs module and had it installed. Most errors have now cleared except for one strange issue with esp. when I start the car the wrench icon is on , when I drive down the road the icon disappears and shortly after the esp warning comes up on the dash and the brakes (feels like left more than right) engage slightly . If I come to a complete halt the wrench icon comes back on and the car drives perfectly from then on. My thinking is the wheel speed sensor is faulty. The car must have to alert you, when you stop it will then let you continue driving but with the warning light on. Has anyone else had similar issue with any Renault's? I would love to drive it into Renault but I fear in going to have to start selling limbs to speed their insane service costs. The abs module cost me $385 with freight and took no more than 1.5 hours to install and replace the brake fluid.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
5 Participants
cameronvross
Independent Renault Forums
RenaultForums.co.uk is the best place to discuss the French automaker’s cars including the Megane, Clio, Modus, Captur and more. Join now!
Full Forum Listing