Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, let me explain the issue. I changed my rear shoes on my Renault Megane having a few issues with it. As it was my first time doing something like this I made a few errors with it, firstly when I tried adjusting one side of the brake shoes by pumping the pedal I forgot I had no drum on the other side so naturally the pistons came right out and brake fluid leaked quite a bit, but not too bad. I then resolved the issue and fitted both sides with the new shoes. I looked at my Brake Fluid and it appears to be full (I don't understand this) it's almost like there is air in the brake lines and making it look topped up. This morning when driving my ABS light went on and just stayed on and the brake pedal goes right to the floor.

It slows down but feels like after a point I can push it to the floor and it doesn't work so well..

What could be the issue? thanks guys

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hey guys, let me explain the issue. I changed my rear shoes on my Renault Megane having a few issues with it. As it was my first time doing something like this I made a few errors with it, firstly when I tried adjusting one side of the brake shoes by pumping the pedal I forgot I had no drum on the other side so naturally the pistons came right out and brake fluid leaked quite a bit, but not too bad. I then resolved the issue and fitted both sides with the new shoes. I looked at my Brake Fluid and it appears to be full (I don't understand this) it's almost like there is air in the brake lines and making it look topped up. This morning when driving my ABS light went on and just stayed on and the brake pedal goes right to the floor.

It slows down but feels like after a point I can push it to the floor and it doesn't work so well..

What could be the issue? thanks guys
yo will need to bleed the brakes as when you was pumping on the pedal each time you let off you allowed air to get in also you may need to get the abs light reset when your done you get a star for trying take a little advice before you tackle your next job good luck

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks a lot for this buddy, Yeah I know I was a bit foolish but it was the only way I was going to learn to be honest. But it's a learning curve for me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts