Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi this is my first time on this forum I have been reading it for a couple of weeks now and find it very useful.

I hope that you will be able to help me out with my problem I have done sum reading on the forums and have found a bit of information about the ABS system but I was wondering if you would still be able to help me with my problem.

I keep getting the ABS warning light come on when it has come on it will stay on for the rest of the journey but after the car has been motionless for a couple of minutes and the engine restarted the ABS warning light will go out and it could be a couple of days before it comes on again.

All the time when the ABS warning light is on there does not seem to be any change in the braking system the ABS still seems to function normally I was wondering if it could just be a sensor fault.

I am still quite a novice when it comes to cars and am not sure where I should be looking on the car for the sensor.

Any help in this matter would be appreciated.

My car is a Renault Laguna Privilege DCI 1.9 it was made on of the 09/09/2002.

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
hi there, as the light goes out when the engine is started and only comes on when the vehicle is moving indicales that you have a sensor or pickup fault!
do you have a whinning noise from any of the wheels when driving?
bigshow

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have not heard any noise from any wheels but will lisen out for it (if that is what it is how hard are thay to change)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the welcoms

i have noticed in the last couple of days that the abs light comes on when i go over a speed bump or a pot hole

i cant here and noise form the wheels tho

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
are thay easy to get two
i am quite a novice at this type of thing but am willing to learn

1 - 9 of 9 Posts