Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve a 2014 1.5 dci Megane and the AC blows cool air but it’s not very cold at all. What could this be ? I wanted to check the pressure sensor but I’m not sure where to locate it. Are Renaults of this time period known for poor AC ?

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
24,794 Posts
First port of call is a reputable AC pressure check and top up if needed.

·
Registered
112 Posts
easy way to know if the system is running, make sure you can see the compressor, can usually see this down the left had side at the front of the engine as you look at the engine or through the the driverside wheel arch but you may well have to remove plastic, start car, turn on ac, first is there an increase in revs, likely only a small increase, if so does the whole pulley wheel turn or just the outer wheel the belt runs over? if you hear a clunk and the whole wheel is turning then your ac is working but gas is probably close to as low as it will get before not enough pressure for the sensor/switch, actually good news as it means you just need a regas, if not as i suspect is the case, have the system checked by some one who has the correct equipment and knowledge (most ac garages will not charge you if they run the diagnostics phase of a regas and are unable to continue due to there being any holes in the system, a regas normally is the answer but if you really want to change the pressure sensor/switch it is likely to be on the pipe going into the condenser (thin radiator between the radiator and intercooler)at the bottom you may be able to see it through the grill at the bottom, its is on a schrader so there should be very little loss of any gas in the system but be warned i have heard of pipes breaking when trying to remove these and then it can get quite expensive, if you wanted to check the clutch on the compressor you can put 12volts directly to the plug that comes off the front (from behind the pulley) but make sure the plugs disconnected from the cars wiring first as you only want to energise the compressor clutch not the car wiring itself, if the clutch is good the moment you energise it you should hear a clunk and see a little movement as the pully is pulled together through electro magnetism

1 - 4 of 4 Posts