Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
I've recently bought a Renault Megane GT(my first Renault) from salvage auction and today was the first time i had driven it to test the parking sensors in the garage.
However whilst driving i noticed the braking to be extremely sharp. Upon investigating i came across something called Active Emergency Braking light lit on the dashboard.
i have figured that i need it diagnosed as this message has come up due to the light frontal damage that has occurred.

However i wished to know whether there are any obvious things i can check to see that may have activated this option and whether it can be turned of temporarily so at least i can drive it to the Renault dealer after its body works are completed?
Pic of car below...any advise welcome
Grille Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood

·
Premium Member
Grand Scenic 1.6 2007
5,950 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Brendan
Thank you for your response. I shall have a close look at the manual and try the disable option when next at the garage. Its worth mentioning the car was tested ith the missing bonnet and bumperfitted..
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle registration plate

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
Did any airbags deploy? If so accident may be stored in airbag ECU, and may include the emergency braking activation data as well as accident data.

Reactions: LvR
1 - 4 of 4 Posts