Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IF and thats a big IF i were going to fit a trurbo to my car how would i go about doing it?

What parts would i need to buy for when it goes into the garage?

Ive no idea what id need :)

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Its not only the turbo parts you would need but also a different cylinder head as the compression would be too high. Plus getting the ECU programed may be difficult.

·
Premium Member
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ahh stuff it then, thought it might have been worth it but im not playing aronud with the cylinder head..

I have no idea what id need to do so i thought id ask, but least now i know its not worth it :)

I recon the new sponsers might know a thing or two about the ECU though, but i cba :)

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Apart from the cylinder head and the ECU it would also require a suitable exhaust manifold, a control system for the turbo and induction plumbing and an intercooler if you want one. The injectors may also have to be upgraded, etc It's not just a question of bolting on a few bits I'm afraid.

·
Premium Member
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh i know i just wanted to know what needs doing to get one on my motor as i have no idea.. But i want to learn things like this!

Im getting a new exhaust for mine anyway, im off down on tuesday for a quote with motorsave suppliers to see what kinda price they can come up with, i want a performance exhaust that sounds nice and will go with how my cars going to look in a few weeks.

Kinda price am i talking about?

·
Premium Member
12,025 Posts
James, isn't your car warrantied? If it is, make sure you do nothing to invalidate the warranty ;)

·
Premium Member
16,417 Posts
Just my opinion, and please dont take offence, Your not going to get many performance gains from a 1.2 engine in any car.

I'd save the mod money in a savings account and have more to spend on your next car.

Modified cars inc just a air filter and a exhaust are generally harder to sell when your done with it.

If you want power, Sure theres turbo's.... But theres no replacement for displacement ;)

·
Premium Member
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Haha fair doos, i was just gonna look into it thats all :)

I have a 90 warranty, got like 30 days left..

Ill probs just save the money instead then :) I only want a new exhaust because i want it to sounds a bit better then it does :)

Be reet no worries i cba spending that much to make it NOT that much better :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts