Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my new Megane Coupe in March, its the DCI 110 Dynamique Tom Tom version. Had my ipod all ready to go but when I pulled down the cover on the centre console its red and white phono not the tunepoint interface. Looking back over my spec realised I should have chosen it specifically when I ordered. Was wrong footed by the 'ipod connectivity' without checking the details.

Anyway, asked my dealer about adding it to the car now but he suggests I can only fit one in the glovebox. Surely I can get the centre console interface? Do I need to get the head unit changed and what impact does having the Tom Tom Live have?

Thanks for any info!

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
I wanted to do the same (bought mine when it was 6 months old) but was told it wasn't possible, I have scoured the net for the tunepoint for the centre console but to no avail.

I now use the bluetooth connectivity to stream my music from my device to the car.

Let me know if you find some way to do it. :d

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
[SOLVED] Re: Adding Tunepoint to new Megane

Was determined to get this to work and seem to have stumbled across a solution. I have an Ipod Touch 2nd generation and a blackberry phone. My phone is paired and works perfectly. Tried to pair my ipod and connection failed. Switched off my phones bluetooth and ipod paired successfully. I can use the steering wheel controls to scroll previous/next and pause.

So it looks like you can have one bluetooth device connected and I have to choose between phone or Ipod. Then I had a thought. Phone uses the headset/handsfree bluetooth profile but the Ipod uses audio source A2DP profile. Went into advanced bluetooth phone settings and disabled the audio source profile and A/V control profile. Turned the car off and back on. Bingo, I have Ipod bluetooth streaming and phone works perfectly.

Absolutely over the moon that I got it working and hope it helps some of you to save some money on extra cables and tunepoints!

Enjoy!

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
Re: [SOLVED] Re: Adding Tunepoint to new Megane

How do you find the quality? I find that the audio quality via blutooth is quite poor. compared to CD

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sound seems fine, used it on the way to work this morning and didn't notice any diff from CD. The only issue is that with the Ipod volume maxed out and the Megane set at the max of 32 some tracks were a little quiet for me. Other than that spot on.

Cheers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts