Independent Renault Forums banner

Admiral Bonus Accelerator

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  batfink5 
#1 · (Edited)
Been researching for SWMBO Insurance renewal, before contacting existing company.
Admiral are best so far, BUT only offer 10 Months cover, summat about "Bonus Accelerator", where after 10 months, a full years NCB is added.
Even after dividing quote by 10 & mutiplying by 12 to get the REAL cost, they're still miles cheaper.
Can't do CK, for being (AFAIK) outside their criteria.
There is stuff on't net but it's 4 or more, years old
Anyone any knowledge / experience of this policy type please?

#2 ·
Cannot comment on the 10 month policy but have been an Admiral customer for a few years. Suffered a total loss when someone decided to drive into me at 60mph. Everything was settled within a week, hire car next day, a few phone calls to confirm some details and money in my bank within 5 days. Great service on that occasion, hope not to find out if they will be as good next time as I'd rather not have a next time.

#3 ·
Totally agree, also used them for quite a few years in the past. Always been good even in times of trouble as you say.
But this 10 Month policy sets my Spidey sense twitching. :surprise:

#4 ·
A search on the web seems to confirm that Admiral will show 1 years NCB at the end of the 10 month policy which can be used with other insurers at the point of renewal (assuming you did not want to stay with Admiral that is) The only issue I can find is a new driver who ended up having a 1 years NCB despite having held a licence for less than a year, only Admiral would honour their 1 years NCB

#5 ·
I've always used the mainstream companies for my insurance and tend to rotate between Direct Line, Aviva, Churchill & Admiral ...they all come in at very competitive prices.
I'm not a fan of cheaper Broker policies although my camper is on one of these special schemes.

10 months ..... if its not a marketing campaign to get one over on the other competitors, I suspect its a method of increasing the premiums at an earlier 'yearly interval' and as has been suggested there is the question of would other companies accept the bonus which hasn't been held for a full year ?

Reactions: Nottnoc
#6 ·
Daughter with them and on renewal got a cheaper quote else where ...ten after purchasing new policy the new company rejected the NCB paperwork as they would not recognise it ...their words were "how many years no claims do you have NOT how many months"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.