Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know why they do this every year!

Usually just before renewal i get a quote to see what my new renewal price would be like with the extra years no claims, this then gives me a rough figure of what to expect to pay.

Just before renewal Id bought the LagII and had it in my mind upon renewal i would be paying about £620 (21, 2NCD, no points, no claims). When my renewal came through I was shocked to see £920 which is nearly the same as I was expecting to renew a V6 Vectra for.

So today I got a quote on their site, and as expected came out around £200 cheaper than the renewal, about £725 so I rang them quoting the online quote ref.

They went through it with me, put me on hold, came back to tell me the new price was £630!!!!

I was pretty pleased at this point so didn't ask any questions, but im confused, theyre either trying to rip me off at renewal hoping i will just accept the price, or something else is amiss with their renewal system.

Anyone else tried this? cause ive saved nearly £300 this morning, which is quite a serious sum!!!

·
Random Visitor
2,610 Posts
i couldnt tell you, my insurance is with Admiral and mine is due for renewal next month so im looking forward to arguing with them

·
Premium Member
209 Posts
Similar scenario with Zurich and my home insurance. Their renewal after about 10 years with them and no claims was over £200 more than a quote that I obtained from the internet (from themselves) When I rang them they said that was correct!!!!!!
Needless to say I changed insurers and saved nearly £300.
IT IS A RACKET:steam:

·
Registered
35 Posts
I had 2 cars with separate insurers.

When I got my Espace, I rang around. To cut a long story short, I'm now with Admiral and have saved over £400 than when I was with separate insurance companies.

This is with their multi-car policy. I haven't had to make a claim and so cannot comment on their customer service.

No, I do not work work or have shares in Admiral!!

Has anyone tried the 'Churchill Promise'? They say they'll beat any quote - if you've been claim free for 3 or more years.

·
Random Visitor
2,610 Posts
the churchill promise is bull¤¤¤¤, my other half used to work for them and said that only 1 in 10 will get the advertised deal from them

·
Still a Petrolhead but also like diesel
2,311 Posts
I had 2 cars with separate insurers.

When I got my Espace, I rang around. To cut a long story short, I'm now with Admiral and have saved over £400 than when I was with separate insurance companies.

This is with their multi-car policy. I haven't had to make a claim and so cannot comment on their customer service.

No, I do not work work or have shares in Admiral!!

Has anyone tried the 'Churchill Promise'? They say they'll beat any quote - if you've been claim free for 3 or more years.

Nope they could not beat my renewal for the Espace from e-Sure ... £321 .. Full NC for a squillion years. :)

·
Tourerman
4,838 Posts
When I was insured with Norwich union I received a renewal quote.

I also received one of their flyers through the post.

I also tried a quote using the internet from them.

The three prices from Norwich union were all different ranging from £200-£400, all companies just try and get as much from us as possible.

·
Random Visitor
2,610 Posts
When I was insured with Norwich union I received a renewal quote.

I also received one of their flyers through the post.

I also tried a quote using the internet from them.

The three prices from Norwich union were all different ranging from £200-£400, all companies just try and get as much from us as possible.
So much for Quote me happy

·
Registered
3 Posts
Churchill ripped me off :steam: I paid over £90 a month for 10 months on my bmw a couple of years ago and then found out it wasn't 'valid' as they sold me a policy over the phone that basically didn't exsist!! Did i get my money back? No. Did i get an apology? No. Luckily i didn't have an accident and total my car eh?!

·
Premium Member
6,475 Posts
Wifey's just gone with Churchill after they were a good 100 quid cheaper than Direct Line. The paperwork turned up and apart from the logos, it looked very familiar.

We confirmed it with a friend of ours that works for Direct Line - the two companies are effectively one and the same! I suspect that the insurance world is rife with it, giving the illusion that there are a lot more companies competing than there actually are.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I was with Admiral but I have cancelled my insurance as of this month. I called them as it was due and they gave me renewal quote of £540 via post. I called them and said their website gave me a renewal price of £360. The guy checked and then said it was because I was in an accident in February and the online system wasn't updated. The funny thing is, the other driver rear-ended me! It wasn't even my fault. She was also with admiral. My car was written off, so was hers I think and I thought it was sorted. Then my insurance goes up! The guy on the phone said they do a risk assessment and as I had been in a crash (irrespective of blame) then it goes up. I told him I wasn't being penalised for someone else hitting me and cancelled it on the spot. Got a quote of £400 from Swiftcover so it worked out ok in the end.

Brian.

·
Premium Member
6,475 Posts
You've really got to watch that with insurance companies. Give them half a chance, and they'll go 'knock for knock', effectively costing all parties their no-claims discount, regardless of who was to blame. I still have to declare my last accident as a named driver on the wife's policy, even though the other driver accepted full responsibility.

It's worth paying the bit extra for the legal cover, as they should pursue the responsible party for full compensation. If they don't, then your own insurers might well end up paying for some or all of the repair to your vehicle, and on that basis, they'll nobble your no-claims.

My wife's insurers one had the cheek to take her no claims off her when her Sierra was hit by another car. The car was only insured TPF&T, and the repairs were paid for in full by the other driver's third-party liability cover. Quite how her insurers could register a claim against her, I'm not sure. As I recall (it was a long time ago) she argued the case, and got her full no-claims reinstated.

·
Registered
93 Posts
After I spoke with Admiral my girlfriend called them as her car is in the garage just now getting fixed after an old guy reversed into her whilst she was parked. She asked them if her insurance will go up since this guy hit her (she has 7 years no claims and has never had a claim/accident in her life) and they said it "it probably will".

Is is just me or is this just complete bull####

Brian.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts