Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Hello,

I had my car broken into on Saturday and they stole my radio.

In order to smash the glass they stuck a crow bar under the window seal and bent the window frame, so I now have a bent frame and a 2mm scratch on the door that needs fixing.

I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to cars so really I'm looking for as much advice as possible.

Does anyone know how much it would cost to get the window frame fixed.... am I looking at a new door?!

Also any ideas about the scratch too would all be good as I'm just a bit worried that it's going to cost me a fortune to fix!!

Thanks in advance!

:)

·
Premium Member
4,192 Posts
Noodle

Sorry to hear about your break in. I wouldn't know what you need to do but people who do will help you I'm sure.

Welcome to the Forum anyway! Good Luck

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

It's the bottom right corner that's bent I'll have to take it in and see what they say!

Thanks again!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
As per chris re the frame. Ive seen them pulled back into shape with ease (not on a renault though). For a 2mm scratch I would be careful with some touch up paint. If its a fine line and not deep it try some tcut and polish. If deeper run some touch up paint into the scratch with a pin.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As per chris re the frame. Ive seen them pulled back into shape with ease (not on a renault though). For a 2mm scratch I would be careful with some touch up paint. If its a fine line and not deep it try some tcut and polish. If deeper run some touch up paint into the scratch with a pin.
Thanks for that! :)

I'll keep my fingers crossed that they can bend it back! As for the scratch I've been a bit vague with the description, it runs from the bottom of the window across the door and it's about 2mm in depth a bit too deep for t-cut I think :(

Sorry to sound a bit thick, but where would I get hold of touch up paint and is it easy to match the colour etc?

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
Hi Noodle, have a read of my thread in to 'how to' section on the forum regarding paint repairs - if you need any further clarification, please don't hesitate to ask.

Regarding paint matching, the best bet for a near invisible repair is to keep the repair area as small as possible and only use a precise amount of paint in the scratch. The age of the car can also be a factor in matching - reds (and colours which have a high red input - i.e. browns) can fade badly - its even worse if they are metallics - since you can't cut-back the colour through the lacquer...

Paul:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts