Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2005 Espace DCi has recently started making a rumbling noise from the back end - sounds like there is another car following me along - particularly between 50 and 70 mph. Quite recently had new tyres fitted but currently thinking it may be rear wheel bearings, having read some of the other posts. Car has done 39,000 miles. Can anyone tell me if it sounds like rear wheel bearings and if they have had any experience with claiming such work under warranty (car is only 2 years, 3 months old, so still under warranty):eek: Thanks

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.:)

I suspect the noise is either caused by a worn wheel bearing or a tyre going out of shape....as the tyres are recent,then you have to suspect the wheel bearings.

I would have thought that Renault would make a contribution towards the cost of replacing the bearing,but I'd contact RCS to see exactly where you stand.Get the problem properly diagnosed,and then phone them.:)

·
Still a Petrolhead but also like diesel
2,311 Posts
As your Espace is less than 3 years old and serviced according to the spec's/schedule I assume, I cant see why the bearing shouldnt be covered ... although I await to see the excuses your dealer will come up with :eek:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts