Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,thinking of getting a new shape clio dci 2007 with 110k miles on it with service history......anything i should look out for...i.e common faults/issues.......do these need a cambelt change or are they a chain? car is 86 bhp...thanks.

whts it worth 2007 86bhp dci 1 owner some renault some local garage history.

·
Administrator
21,725 Posts
Check the service history thoroughly, making sure its had its oil changes on time and not missed any.

Not sure of any common faults, but they are probably turbo, egr valve etc like on most diesels these days.

Are you buying it from a trader, as if you are you will have 3 months warranty on the car for free, but its probably wise to extend this to a year at least.

Most of all though, dont let what you read on this forum put you off buying the car if you love it.

People only post negative things on forums like these as they are seeking help to problems they have. I'm sure there are many Renaults out there that dont have issues.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi there, I have owned a 06 new shape Clio dCi for about 6 months now.
The cars are cambelt rather than chain & they have a 5 year & I think 72000 interval.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Check the service history thoroughly, making sure its had its oil changes on time and not missed any.

Not sure of any common faults, but they are probably turbo, egr valve etc like on most diesels these days.

Are you buying it from a trader, as if you are you will have 3 months warranty on the car for free, but its probably wise to extend this to a year at least.

Most of all though, dont let what you read on this forum put you off buying the car if you love it.

People only post negative things on forums like these as they are seeking help to problems they have. I'm sure there are many Renaults out there that dont have issues.

Hope that helps.
Nice one,thanks going to view now.

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
Hi,

I bought a 55 plate Dci 86 Clio with 44K on the clock 3 years ago, swapped it in this year for a new megane, when I swapped it in it had done 115K apart from servicing, a turbo solenoid and a lower suspension arm it never missed a beat. Great little car :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts