Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of buying some aftermarket parking sensors for my Scenic. They seem to be quite cheap, £25 -£40.

It looks easy, it's mainly plugged into the reverse light wiring, but is there any conflict with the cars electonics?

If anyone has done this, I'd be interested to hear about it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
hi

i just fitted a set of golden eye reverse sensors to the espace and it was pretty simple, i fitted 4 sensors in the rear bumper, i removed the bumper and the passenger rear light, the wirers can be feed up behind the light and in to the car, i fitted the controll modual inbehind the panel which houses the cd changer and wirered it in to the wire loom on the rear light, i have had no problums with it what so ever

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
Not car-related, but I had sensors fitted to my van by the car supermarket I bought the van new from. Seems straightforward enough, and they've worked well the last 5-odd years.

Paul

·
Premium Member
390 Posts
My mate who knows his electrics fitted a set to his 2003 Scenic and although they worked he had all sorts of problems with the rest of the electrics on his car.ecu odd warning lights etc etc.

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My mate who knows his electrics fitted a set to his 2003 Scenic and although they worked he had all sorts of problems with the rest of the electrics on his car.ecu odd warning lights etc etc.
That's what I'm concerned about. Renault electrics are sulky enough as it is.

Touchone, I'll do a search for Golden Eye ones then.

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
I bought a set off ebay and had it fitted by Auto Electrician on the cheap.

55 Grand Scenic 2.0 VVT Auto, even put a switch next to the gear lever under the hazards for the front sensors, Rear comes on when put into reverse. never had any problems, been 4 & half years now.

I bought the six sensor kit as I liked the display (personal preference) 4 on rear 2 on the front.

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I bought a set off ebay and had it fitted by Auto Electrician on the cheap.

55 Grand Scenic 2.0 VVT Auto, even put a switch next to the gear lever under the hazards for the front sensors, Rear comes on when put into reverse. never had any problems, been 4 & half years now.

I bought the six sensor kit as I liked the display (personal preference) 4 on rear 2 on the front.
Which ones were they?

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
Which ones were they?
I can't find them on ebay, but I just typed in (parking sensors 6), or if you want the eight kit just type in parking (sensors 8).

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Reversing-Par...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item588cfc06a3

I liked the display of the 6 hence why I bought that kit. But I did buy and 8 for my brother to fit to his Grand Voyager, he also had no problems, still working to this day. this was over 4 years ago, they might do an 8 kit with a nice lcd display now.

On my Grand I had the outer edges colour coded to the bumpers, I didn't spry the sensors just in case this effected how they work.

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Lots on ebay from all over the world, as little as £13.

One has an adjustable detection angle, to avoid false warnings with kerbs, towbars. Not sure if this is worth paying more for?

Otherwise they all seem to be much the same. I might just get some, but not actually drill any holes until I've tested them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts