Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have bought another Stereo (Sony) and the leads to fit it to the Steering Wheel controls.
Trouble is they are the wrong leads - At the back of the stereo is a Square type Yellow Connector but the leads come with a rectangular connector.

Autoleads advised the PC99-X12 but this comes with a lead for the Display and looking at it I can't see which bit fits where ? (I assume the Yellow connector spare is the Steering Controls) ? and the autoleads lead has no connector like this

Can you get a lead for just the Steering controls not the display ?
Is the display part vital to fitting aftermarket stereo's ?

·
Still a Petrolhead but also like diesel
2,311 Posts
Hi Downward, I assume its a Clio2 your fitting this to ? ...

if so the display is required as thats where the satellite controls are connected/routed through (the red ISO connector), and you cant connect it otherwise, as the remote controls wont work.

To connect the display connector the top half of the dash must be removed, dont worry its not as bad or as hard as it sounds, takes approx 2hrs start to finish.

hope it helps :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Thanks for that - There is a company called Incartec who I have being finding out a bit more info - InCarTec-Products

They assure me that I won't need to use the "Audioleads" red lead that connects to the Display so I may give them a go.

Not sure how it's going to fit though as there is no space behind the stereo at all and at the moment the stereo just about pushes back although not comfortably.

Anyhows if this Companys product fails then I will have to go the dash route.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I've just ordered a Renault <-> Becker adaptor for the steering wheel stalk controls on my 11/01 Twingo.

Everywhere online I found wanted £100-140, but a quick search on eBay found one for €55 (£38) delivered from Germany.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts