Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive just fitted and aftermarket stereo in my cousins clio is their a device or lead i can get that lets me use the hand contol under t he steering wheel. same goes for my uncles scenic as he wants me to fit one aswell?

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
i believe that with an aftermarket stereo that you cannot use the hand controls and lose the radio information on th display, someone might prove me wrong tho, good luck

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
ive just fitted and aftermarket stereo in my cousins clio is their a device or lead i can get that lets me use the hand contol under t he steering wheel. same goes for my uncles scenic as he wants me to fit one aswell?

Hi Passatsport,

Their are a number of cables/adaptors you can purchase that allow you to retain the hand controls and dash display, Depending on which aftermarket unit you have fitted to your Clio the same goes for the Scenic.

I have posted a link to one below.

A selection can also be found on ebay.Halfords also do some kits.

https://www.connects2.com/c2search.aspx?catID=12&manID=225&modID=583

Regards

Ottoman

·
Registered
35 Posts
What model of Clio is it?

If it's an older one, it'll be quite easy. However, newer ones use a CAN bus and may be more difficult (but not impossible).

·
Premium Member
209 Posts
I have now ended up purchasing 3 different adaptors. None are completely satisfactory. Neither (2)Autoleads worked.
Currently using a Incartec model which works in a very limited fashion Volume & Source and then only when it wants to.
Incidently my Audio is the Pioneer XR1 unit.
Suggest the only way to succeed is to speak to someone who has been successful. Unfortunately, the dealers and manufactureers I have spoken to ,do not appear to have a clue, all stating their product does work!!!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Sounds like you have a more recent Clio with the CAN bus.

Autoleads do NOT make a compatible interface for this.

Can you please let me know what model of Clio it is?

I have a similar problem with my Espace IV and have spent over 100 hours trawling the web (and added lots of bookmarks in the process). I seem to recall some European stockits who do an interface for the Clio 3 (with CAN bus).

The head unit make is fairly irrelevant - these interfaces work with most e.g. Alpine, Pioneer, etc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts