Independent Renault Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Renault have just fixed mine for except same fault. There is a 5 amp fuse it blows when you change the battery without first disconnecting the battery sensor. It’s location is not shown in the manual but it’s in one of the black box’s the red wires go to off the battery. It’s feeds the battery sensing sensor on top of the battery. I have the RS model but once home I can show you the location.

·
Premium Member
3,542 Posts
Renault have just fixed mine for except same fault. There is a 5 amp fuse it blows when you change the battery without first disconnecting the battery sensor. It’s location is not shown in the manual but it’s in one of the black box’s the red wires go to off the battery. It’s feeds the battery sensing sensor on top of the battery. I have the RS model but once home I can show you the location.
Interesting that ................... what is your vin or exact model code?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello guys, can confirm with Meg275 post, It was a 5 amp fuse, went to Renault service, did a diagnostic[ 34 £] , they changed the fuse free of charge and everything is fine now.
@Meg275 "without first disconnecting the battery sensor. " How can you do that ?

@LvR you might be right with being 3.5 AH and not V.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello guys, can confirm with Meg275 post, It was a 5 amp fuse, went to Renault service, did a diagnostic[ 34 £] , they changed the fuse free of charge and everything is fine now.
@Meg275 "without first disconnecting the battery sensor. " How can you do that ?
Hi,
On top

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi, on top of your battery on the negative terminal, there is a little block with two wires going to it. Thats what you need to disconnect first before removing the battery and also connect back on last 👍🏻

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, on top of your battery on the negative terminal, there is a little block with two wires going to it. Thats what you need to disconnect first before removing the battery and also connect back on last 👍🏻
Belive me I did that , connected the red wire (+) first, but when I connected the black wire(-) there was a bit of sparks, I think that caused the fuse to burn, anyway I really hate how renault thinked the design for the battery connectors not to mention the engine room [1.6 dci] and the compartment for the cabin filtero_O. My engine has a timing chain and to replace that, you have to take apart the front of the car...

·
Registered
6 Posts
I know what you mean about the pollen filter. I had to take the clutch peddle out of mine to change it. Oversight on the engineers when changing lhd to rhd.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Can you show me the location of the fuse please.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts