Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Opinions please people.

I have a 2007 ex patient transfer ambulance master, and it comes with a secondary air conditioning unit above the cab. The van has air con already for the front.
I'm in 2 minds,

1, if it is a completely independent system can I rewire it to work of the leisure battery and 240v when hooked up, so as to cool the van in the summer?

2, strip it all out as I won't be using it when driving and use it for extra storage space?

Thoughts on a postcard please

·
Premium Member
3,603 Posts
Don't know the system but isn't the secondary a/c compressor driven by the vehicle engine? If not then I can't see it running off a 12v battery for any length of time. First thing is to check how it all connects up.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi again,
I also have the air con unit above the cab, in mine it only runs when the engine is running, as I understand from a mate who works at the local ambulance station this is because of the draw from the additional unit? I would only hook mine up to a leisure battery if I was running a solar unit with at least 100 watts, which at some point I may do if I can sort the existing stuff out, Leaving mine in situ what ever as I have already used it on a reasonably hot day & it roasts inside even with all the doors & windows open

1 - 3 of 3 Posts