Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone..,

[Megane II driver]

I've been having problems with my local Renault dealer, in-that every time i take my car in for service, it comes back with more problems than when it went in.
Before i blame them for breaking my Air-con, i'd like to know if its possible that when they replaced my Top Dead Centre sensor they could have punctured my air con? - I don't know where either of these are located (& can't seem to find any diagrams).

Thanks for your help!

lj.

·
Premium Member
6,475 Posts
Anything's possible with the bonnet open. Yes, they may have damaged the air-con, though these things can happen spontaneously too.

My second Lag I sprung a leak in the air-con for no apparent reason one day. I noticed the faint hissing when I parked it up one night, and the following morning, the 'SERV' indicator was lit on the climate panel and I had no cooling.

How close were the two events? Get it regassed (or DIY it if possible) and see how long the new charge lasts. If it lasts as long as the time between your dealer fixing the Top Dead Centre and you first experiencing the fault, then use this as evidence that the dealer broke it while they were working on the car.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Horatio...

My air con worked ok when i took my car in, & didn't work at all when i tried it a couple of days later. I had a company out today to 're-gas' it & he said the compressor is punctured. So just wondered if the compressor is anywhere near the T.D.C. sensor (or access to it).

lj

1 - 3 of 3 Posts