Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could anyone tell me were to connect the canister for recharging the AIRCON system.?

I have had aquick look under the bonnet and the only place That looks about right is the under a cover next to the power steering resi.

Any help would be much app.....

·
Premium Member
12,025 Posts
Sorry, I cannot help with your question but would ask whether you are using the Halfords DIY kit. Reason I ask is because I have heard that lots of people have problems with the air con after DIY'ing with it, least of all an air con pump chatter - something to do with Renault using thicker stuff??

My advise would be to pay an expert, you could probably get it done for around £45.

As I said, sorry I cannot help with your post but thought I would add a warning!

Best of luck:)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the tip .

I will try the yellow pages for my local firm if I cannot sort it.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
2,710 Posts
Our local Kwik Fit are running an air con re-gas promotion at the moment. Don't know the exact details but approx £45 for a regass - if no improvement ( ie air con isn't any colder than before) - you get your money back/don't pay.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just been to Kwik Fit.

They have Re-charged my AC and done a system cleanse for £64.90 inc vat.

The AC seems to be OK and they have told me no Leaks found.

So I will see how it goes......:crazy:

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
My local Renault franchise are doing it for £69 at the moment not sure if this is a national promotion ?

Regards

Ottoman

·
Tourerman
4,838 Posts
Kwik Fit must have done a scam job on your car as their kits will not work on the Laguna 11 as their canister has to be used via the A/C low pressure connecter which Laguna 11s do not have.

Did they give you pressure readings of the A/C system for before and after recharge?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Kwik Fit must have done a scam job on your car as their kits will not work on the Laguna 11 as their canister has to be used via the A/C low pressure connecter which Laguna 11s do not have.

Did they give you pressure readings of the A/C system for before and after recharge?
Yep

I must admit I thought they had the car a while (2hours).

But the aircon does feel to be a lot colder.

Computer readout 16Degc before regass 6degC after.

Pressure:-before

low port 1.9
high port

Pressure after
low port 5.4
high port 6.0

I hope that I have not been ripped off!!!

Can anbody else confirm that the above is true -not lagII compatible.
will keep all informed..

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Hi Dave - are you not confusing Kwik-fit with Halfrauds own top up system. My local Renault dealer is currently advertising a full air-con service for £69 - looks like a national promotion. Ninety minutes to two hours seems to be the time required for a proper air-con service.:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts