Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Renault Megane GT Line
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, I have a 1.5dci 110 chassis DZ09.

I have been experiencing a check injection error on the dash and have noticed that there is a constant stream of air/bubbles in the fuel line coming from my fuel filter to the high pressure pump. Could it be that the lines have been switched over or could it be an issue with the fuel filter and plastic clips of the fuel lines?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Find attached a video of the issue below.

Air In Fuel Lines 2010 Renault Megane

As can be seen in the video, from the tank to the filter there doesn't seem to be any air bubbles, they're only visible in the one coming from the filter going to the high pressure pump.

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
22,841 Posts
Can't see the video but am assuming that the lines to the filter are quick release/plug in types.
Common issue with these is that the little O rings that should seal, don't.
A bit of grease and refit will prove.
We also see the problem with aftermarket filters..pipes are slightly smaller then they should be and this allows leaks.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey guys, I have a 1.5dci 110 chassis DZ09.

I have been experiencing a check injection error on the dash and have noticed that there is a constant stream of air/bubbles in the fuel line coming from my fuel filter to the high pressure pump. Could it be that the lines have been switched over or could it be an issue with the fuel filter and plastic clips of the fuel lines?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Find attached a video of the issue below.

Air In Fuel Lines 2010 Renault Megane
As can be seen in the video, from the tank to the filter there doesn't seem to be any air bubbles, they're only visible in the one coming from the filter going to the high pressure pump.
Can't see the video but am assuming that the lines to the filter are quick release/plug in types.
Common issue with these is that the little O rings that should seal, don't.
A bit of grease and refit will prove.
We also see the problem with aftermarket filters..pipes are slightly smaller then they should be and this allows leaks.
My apologies for that the video was set to private, I have since made it public.

The filter in it has been replaces at it was indeed aftermarket, it's been on there for a year so its due a change.

I too suspected either of the two being the issue, I will try source and OEM Renault filter for the next service + apply some grease to the fittings.

Should the O-rings be causing the issue are they easily replaceable?

Thanks for your reply!

·
22,841 Posts
Should the O-rings be causing the issue are they easily replaceable?
TBH, never tried.
May well be a dig out job and a bit of a pain but as far as I know, nothing special about them except must be suitable for diesel/biofuel so material will be important.
Go for a decent filter from one of the main brands and some grease before worrying on that.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
TBH, never tried.
May well be a dig out job and a bit of a pain but as far as I know, nothing special about them except must be suitable for diesel/biofuel so material will be important.
Go for a decent filter from one of the main brands and some grease before worrying on that.
Yeah I figured it would be a fiddly job so was thinking of just replacing the actual clips/connectors but I have no idea what they're called or where I can find them.

Any recommendations for brand I should look out for?

Thanks again.

·
22,841 Posts
Yeah I figured it would be a fiddly job so was thinking of just replacing the actual clips/connectors but I have no idea what they're called or where I can find them.

Any recommendations for brand I should look out for?

Thanks again.
I thnk the connectors would require the complete fuel line, which could be pricey from Renault.

Brands?
Mann, Borg and Beck, Delphi and the like..... if you have not heard of the make offered, chances are it is a Far East copy and suspect.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I thnk the connectors would require the complete fuel line, which could be pricey from Renault.

Brands?
Mann, Borg and Beck, Delphi and the like..... if you have not heard of the make offered, chances are it is a Far East copy and suspect.
Yeah as far as replacing the fuel lines I had changed one already, it came with the primer bulb and connector to the filter but i had to change the connector on the new one with the old one as it did not match my filter housing.

Got the replacement from a Turkish website for around 40 euro in 4 days when Renault quoted me 80 euro and a 2 week wait....

As far as the connectors themselves I've found these that look the same - https://www.autodoc.co.uk/kunzer/15185804

So far all good with that line and bulb but I believe the other line going from the filter to the high pressure pump is the one causing the issue.

I'll keep an eye out for those brands when I go to my parts store and get one of them.

Thanks for the help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts