Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all , i have a grand scenic 2011 model , i recently popped the hood to do levels etc and noticed a clear fuel line with loads if air bubbles traveling along it , Car has no issues but was wondering if it is normal .

It's a 1.5 dci engine . I have posted a link to a video i made of it .

Many thanks

Graham

http://youtu.be/wPYbVFrKlbY

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
7,872 Posts
My dci 1.5 Clio always as some don't think
there is as much as yours but if it's running fine
I would not bother, mine as been the same from
at least 30,000 miles and now at over 100,000
no problems.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Ralph , It recently had a fuel filter fitted and was worried it was drawing in air somehow .

Never noticed the bubbles before

G

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi all , i have a grand scenic 2011 model , i recently popped the hood to do levels etc and noticed a clear fuel line with loads if air bubbles traveling along it , Car has no issues but was wondering if it is normal .

It's a 1.5 dci engine . I have posted a link to a video i made of it .

Many thanks

Graham

Beware cheap fuel filters ,the proper one has a bi metal strip and a ball bearing when the fuel is warm the strip drops the ball shutting off the return to the pump and opens the return to the tank where the air is dispelled ,a proper filter will rattle when shaken the cheaper ones dont ,also check the pipe harness for air leaks and check the rubber bulb for cracks ,if air persists it could be an injector not seating properly and blowing air back into the fuel pipes, if its long cranking fuel is returning back into the tank because the non return valve has failed .
Mine is taking in air and long cranking so i just got my complete pipe harness today i will be checking all of the above today when it stops raining ,hope it helps you /UK

1 - 4 of 4 Posts